Afro kinky human hair:
For all services:
- How long will it take to process my order? Our current processing time is 4- 6 weeks from the date of purchase.
- Do you offer an installation service? Yes. We only offer this service to customers who have purchased our loc extensions. Your natural hair must be a minimum of 4 inches long. We are not accepting new clients at this time. Flash appointments are posted on our Instagram pages (@Themukisa11 and @Mukisalocs) when they become available. For inquiries please email us at Mukisalocs@gmail.com.
- How long should I wait before shampooing my locs and what products should I use? We recommend waiting at least 2-4 weeks after installation before shampooing your hair. Clarifying shampoos are recommended for cleansing your locs and scalp, followed by a moisturizing shampoo. Please wait until your natural hair is fully locked (w/ budding) before using a lightweight or water-based conditioner. Thick and creamy products are not recommended because they tend to cause build-up over time. Our Hydrating Rose Water is great for moisturizing locs, decreasing stiffness (which happens when locs are dry), and provides a soft, floral scent that really helps to refreshen up your locs. Our Soothing Hair Growth Oil helps to stimulate hair follicles resulting in increased hair growth. It also helps to seal in moisture, and decrease dandruff and itching. For best results we recommend shampooing your hair every 2-4 weeks, and applying our Hydrating Rose Water coupled with the Soothing Hair Growth Oil about 1-3 times per week.
- What should I consider before attempting to bleach or dye my locs? 1B off black is the only color on our website that is considered virgin or unprocessed. If you plan to color your locs in the future, we recommend ordering our lighter shades of blonde and brown (ie #613, #27, and #30) in solid or ombre locs. We strongly recommend seeing a licensed loctician for color services. Bleach, volume developer, and hair dye can weaken the locs over time, especially for sizes micro, extra small, and small. Use with caution. We are not liable for any adverse outcomes resulting from services rendered.
- Can I remove my loc extensions? Yes. Our extensions are created and installed for long-term wear. If you plan to take them down the process is very similar to removing natural locs. You can either cut them, or use a comb to pick them out.
- What is the difference between sisterlocks and starter locs with braids, twists, and interlocks? Sisterlocks is a trademarked style that results in a full head of very fine locs, that typically resembles loose or straight hair. Starter locs are done with traditional locking techniques, which produces a less uniform appearance, and typically matures with shrinkage, budding, and significantly increased volume. Regardless of the size or quantity of starter locs, they will always be larger than sisterlocks as they mature.
- Do you add extension hair to starter locs? No. This service is only for individuals who want to start the loc journey with their own natural hair. If you desire length at the start of your journey, we recommend waiting until your hair is longer. If you have questions about our loc extensions please book the consultation service.
- What are instant locs? Instant locs are created with a small crochet needle similar to the technique used for our loc extensions. It produces a natural looking loc from day one. Pros: they don't unravel, shrinkage is minimal, and this method can be used for all hair textures. Cons: it is not recommended for thin hair, extra small, or micro locs.
- How often should I shampoo my hair, and which products should I use? You can shampoo your hair as often as needed. We recommend using the banding method for smaller starter locs with braids, twists, or interlocks; this will help to reduce slippage. For product suggestions, please see the loc extensions section above.
- How long will it take for my locs to mature? Everyone's hair is different so this time period varies. Locking your hair is the first part of the journey. Give your locs time to go through the various stages. Your patience will be rewarded!
Afro kinky human hair:
- How long will it take to process my order? Our current processing time is 7-10 business days from the date of purchase.
- How many packs of Afro kinky human hair do I need to make my loc extensions? It depends on the quantity, length, and size of your preferred extensions. We recommend a minimum of 4-8 bulk packs to complete one full install of loc extensions. Please email us at Mukisalocs@gmail.com for more information.
For all services:
- Where is your salon located? Mukisa Locs LLC is located in Delray Beach Florida, 33446.
- Do you accept walk-ins? No. Appointments must be booked in advance. For scheduling and inquiries please email us at Mukisalocs@gmail.com. The earliest availability for services is October 2021.
- Do you ship internationally? Yes. Please note that first class mail takes up to 21 business days to be delivered to customs. For faster shipping please select priority mail international (6-10 business days), or international express (3-5 business days).
- How do I check the status of my package? Please review your order confirmation email or text message for details regarding processing times. Once your package is shipped we will update your order status with tracking information via the email address or cell phone number you provided at checkout.