Afro kinky human hair:
For all services:
- How long will it take to process my order? Our current processing time is 8 weeks from the date of purchase.
- Do you offer an installation service? Yes. We only offer this service to customers who have purchased our loc extensions. Your natural hair must be a minimum of 4 inches long. The earliest availability for this service is January 2021.
- How long should I wait before shampooing my locs and what products should I use? We recommend waiting a minimum of 4 weeks after installation before shampooing your hair. Clarifying shampoos are recommended for cleansing your locs and scalp. Rose water with your choice of carrier and essential oils are great for moisture retention. Please wait until your natural hair is fully locked (w/ budding) before using a lightweight or water-based conditioner. Thick and creamy products are not recommended.
- What should I consider before attempting to bleach or dye my locs? 1B off black is the only color on our website that is considered virgin or unprocessed. If you plan to color your locs in the future, we recommend ordering our lighter shades of blonde and brown (ie #613, #27, and #30) in solid or ombre locs. We strongly recommend seeing a licensed loctician for color services. Bleach, volume developer, and hair dye can weaken the locs over time, especially for sizes extra small and small. Use with caution. We are not liable for any adverse outcomes resulting from services rendered.
- Can I remove my loc extensions? Yes. Our extensions are created and installed for long-term wear. If you plan to take them down the process is very similar to removing natural locs. You can either cut them, or use a comb to pick them out.
- What is the difference between sisterlocks and starter locs with braids, twists, and interlocks? Sisterlocks is a trademarked style that results in a full head of very fine locs, that typically resembles loose or straight hair. Starter locs are done with traditional locking techniques, which produces a less uniform appearance, and typically matures with shrinkage, budding, and significantly increased volume. Regardless of the size or quantity of starter locs, they will always be larger than sisterlocks as they mature.
- Do you add extension hair to starter locs? No. This service is only for individuals who want to start the loc journey with their own natural hair. If you desire length at the start of your journey, we recommend waiting until your hair is longer. If you have questions about our loc extensions please book the consultation service.
- What are instant locs? Instant locs are created with a small crochet needle similar to the technique used for our loc extensions. It produces a natural looking loc from day one. Pros: they don't unravel, shrinkage is minimal, and this method can be used for all hair textures. Cons: it is not recommended for thin hair, extra small, or micro locs.
- How often should I shampoo my hair, and which products should I use? You can shampoo your hair as often as needed. We recommend using the banding method for smaller starter locs with braids, twists, or interlocks; this will help to reduce slippage. For product suggestions, please see the loc extensions section above.
- How long will it take for my locs to mature? Everyone's hair is different so this time period varies. Locking your hair is the first part of the journey. Give your locs time to go through the various stages. Your patience will be rewarded!
Afro kinky human hair:
- How long will it take to process my order? Our current processing time is 1-3 business days from the date of purchase.
- How many packs of Afro kinky human hair do I need to make my loc extensions? It depends on the quantity, length, and size of your preferred extensions. We recommend a minimum of 4 bulk packs to complete one full install of loc extensions. Please email us at Mukisalocs@gmail.com for more information.
For all services:
- Where is your salon located? Mukisa locs hair salon is located in the Salon Plaza building at 1414 powerline road suite 101, Pompano Beach Florida, 33069.
- Do you accept walk-ins? No. Appointments must be booked online. The earliest availability for services is January 2021.
- Do you ship internationally? Yes. Please note that first class mail takes up to 21 days to be delivered to customs. For faster shipping please select priority mail international or international express.
- How do I check the status of my package? Please review your order confirmation email or text message for details regarding processing times. Once your package is shipped we will update your order status with tracking information via the email address or cell phone number you provided at checkout.